RV, Tent, Trailer, and Hammock camping!
solar Eclipse at Collins Reservoir
NOTE: If we're still selling tickets, there is a large space for you! We have PLENTY of space throughout our 1,300 acres.
Come to beautiful Mitchell, Oregon and experience the 2017 Solar Eclipse in spectacular totality. Set up camp on our pristine 1300-acre private ranch located at the edge of the Ochoco National Forest. Come relax, we have a 25-acre lake. Feel free to explore the many natural wonders of the area while you visit. Mitchell is one of the very few places in Oregon that is both in the direct path of the solar eclipse AND likely to have perfect viewing weather with daytime highs in the upper 80s and nights in the mid 50s.
Centrally located between the Painted Hills, the Ochoco National Forest and the John Day Fossil Beds Monument, our ranch is the perfect place for a base camp when exploring all three. We have PLENTY of camping space available near the Lake, throughout the meadow's, and up in the woods (no RV hookups or power). Out-houses will be available along with Fresh water and garbage / recycling disposal.
Please bring eye protection. Even during totality, permanent eye damage can occur by looking directly at the sun. USE EXTREME CAUTION!
What is a Total Solar Eclipse you ask? See Below.
Why SHould I come to Mitchell, OR?
We are directly in the path of Totality and have a 99% chance of perfectly clear skies there will also be far less people in our area than Madras or Coastal towns.
What can I bring into the event?
Bring anything you will need for the activities you have planned plus clothing, food and camping/hiking gear. Our area is very desolate, so come well-prepared. Well behaved pets (preferably leashed), pool floats, canoes and kayaks, SUP boards, mountain bikes and most other human-powered toys are also welcome.
What should I be prepared for?
- Fill your cooler & fuel tank in Prineville or John Day as food & fuel may run low in our small town.
- All of Central Oregon will be on “High Fire Danger” status. NO Campfires, Fireworks, or firearms will be allowed on site.
- Propane cooking is allowed with your water bucket nearby.
- Use of generators may be limited due to extreme fire danger. No generators may run sitting on the ground due to spark hazards.
- ATVs are NOT allowed. Plated, street legal motorcycles ARE allowed if you are motorcycle camping, please do not roam the property though.
- Plenty of FREE drinking water available on site.
- All RV & Campsites are free-choice, un-reserved and un-improved.
- Out-house restrooms & garbage disposal will be on site.
What's the refund policy?
Sorry, no refunds - this event will happen rain or shine. That time of year, our weather is almost always perfect.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
No minimum age for attendance, but persons under 21 must be accompanied by someone 21 or older.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes, you will need it at check-in. E-tickets may not work due to poor phone reception at the ranch.
In Mitchell, light pollution barely exists, which means night time will be full of stars, even the milky way is visible to the naked eye. Our weather has a 95% of clear sky's on the day of the eclipse, which is much better than that of the Oregon coast. Don't gamble with an event like this, go where you have the highest chance of visibility.
11 miles east of Mitchell, OR on Hwy 26.
At mile post 77.5, we will have a large sign on the road. Turn south through our gate and proceed down our paved & gravel driveway 1-1/2 miles to lake or wooded campsites.